In order to volunteer you must be at least 13 years of age and all volunteers MUST attend an hour-long volunteer orientation before working with HSEC animals.
Orientation is held the 2nd Saturday and the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Click here for more information and a list of dates and times for 2012 orientation sessions.
We always need more volunteers to help walk dogs, cuddle cats, assist with off-site adoption stands, clean our facility, help with special events and much much more! Have a special talent?! Please share it with us! W're always on the look out for volunteers who can help us with graphic design, marketing, blogging, etc! If you want to help just let us know and we'll find a way to get you involved!
Once you've gone through orientation you can:
- Join us every Thursday 3-5 for Hydrant Patrol, HSEC's dog walking club
- Provide a true spa experience at our summer dog washes
- Lend a hand at Canine Crawl washing dogs, selling merchandise, etc
- Take pictures of our animals to be used on our website and blog
- Assist with off-site adoptions stands throughout Greenville to find homes for our dogs
- Join a committee and help with anything from facility maintenance to community education