Monday, September 24, 2012

Meet Precious!

My name is Precious, and everyone who meets me says it describes me well.  I must admit I LOVE people, and being petted just makes me swoon with joy.  I would love nothing more than to be someone’s lap cat, purring in contentment.   I enjoy the company of kids and other cats, and am happy to use a sisal scratching post – no furniture for me!

The last few months have not been easy for me.  I had a human I adored, but he had what’s called Alzheimer’s disease, and could no longer care for me.  I understand that, but it left me feeling sad and lonely.  The staff and volunteers have been wonderful to me, but it’s no substitute for having a person – or maybe people – of my own.

Right now I'm staying with a foster family, so if you want to meet me, just contact HSEC!

I keep hoping there’s someone out there that would appreciate the love of a three-year-old gal like me, who’s plenty young enough to play, but mostly wants to soak up the love.  I just want to be someone’s Precious – could I be yours?



Visit Precious' Petfinder page here. All cats with the Humane Society of Eastern Carolina are evaluated for temperament, spayed/neutered, up to date on vaccines, dewormed, on flea prevention and tested for FIV/FeLV. The adoption fee for adult cats is $70. All cats must leave in a carrier. You can either bring your own or purchase a cardboard carrier for an additional $6.

We are open Friday through Sunday 2pm - 5pm or by appointment only during the week. You can email HSECgeneral@gmail.com for more information.

1 comment:

  1. Precious, you are beautiful, and sound like such a sweet ladycat. We have our fingers and paws crossed that someone is lucky enough to adopt you real soon.

    ReplyDelete