Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Blue is ready for the Canine Crawl!

Hi, I’m Blue. I’m a pitt bull / terrier mix. When I first came to HSEC I was illegally abandoned with some major injuries. I had a broken humerus – which isn’t funny – and my tail had to be amputated. I’m all healed now though, thanks to the wonderful staff here. I spent some of my recovery with a part-time mommy who taught me a lot of things. My favorite thing to do is chase a that little yellow ball you humans call a tennis ball. I may end up tearing it to a million little pieces if it doesn’t run away first.

Around the facility I keep hearing the staff and volunteers talk about this big event this weekend. The Canine Crawl is our biggest fundraiser of the year, or so I’ve heard. I don’t know the worth of a dollar, but I’m guessing the money we raise can buy me and the other dogs a lot of treats and toys. I guess if there’s some leftover we can share with those fluffy chew-toys – I mean the cats. People keep talking about a 5K, not quite sure what a “K” is but if it involves running, sign me up. I enjoy running – after squirrels or balls, or even just to use up some of my extra energy.

If you haven’t signed up for the 5K yet, make sure to bring your cash or check on Sunday to Town Common. I’ve also heard people saying there’s going to be vendors and other family-fun activities for this St PAWtrick’s Day, including a mile walk, a costume contest and a owner/dog lookalike contest. Boy does it sound like a great way to spend a Sunday. I hope it will be a sunny Sunday, because that’s something else I like to do, just lay out in the sun’s rays. Makes me all toasty and warm. Mark your calendars and bring your dog. Sunday March 17 at Town Common, the 13th annual Canine Crawl – you won’t want to miss it!

Visit Blue's Petfinder page for more information about this adoptable dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment