Friday, June 28, 2013

Jammin With Judd: Forever Home Checklist

My good side
Judd is an adorable three-year old white and tabby fellow who’s hanging out at the Humane Society looking for a home.  He tells us he will blog every week until he gets adopted.  He really wants a place of his own! Follow Judd's adventures - and share your own experiences with him - on Twitter, #jamminwithjudd

Hello!  This is Judd again, hoping to blog my way into someone’s heart and home!  Since last week, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking a lot about this adoption thing, and I decided to make a list of what I’m looking for so you’ll know if we are meant for one another.

  1. People.  If you are reading this, you probably are one.  But just to let you know, I would not like a home without people.  I am a people kind of guy, and really want to be around them as much as I can. 
  2. Treats.  I just love treats, and will do just about anything to get one!  I especially go crazy for the soft, chewy ones, but I’ll come running when I hear the package rattling or the bottle shaking.  If you don’t have treats in your house, don’t worry.  I’ve checked around and found out that they have them in grocery stores, marts, and pet stores, so you can get me some right away.
  3. Laps.  I’m pretty sure they come standard on humans, but I am such a lap cat that I thought I
    I like windows. Does your house have windows?
    should mention it.  If you don’t happen to have a lap, we might have a problem, but if you do we will be fine.
  4.  A floor.  Again, I think just about all houses have floors, but I do like floor sprawling, so if you have any kind of floor that’s big enough for a fellow to stretch out on, I think I will like your house.
  5. A window.  They are fun to look out.  Here at the Humane Society, I like to watch the humans walking dogs.  That seems like a lot of trouble to me – you won’t need to walk me at all.  Another reason to adopt a cat.
  6. Cats.  OK, this one’s optional.  But I do like other cats.  I like to explore the Cat Palace with my buddy Salem (also available for adoption – hint, hint!), and would be very happy to have a family with a mixture of furry and furless members.  But just humans would be fine, too - as long as you have humans.
I think this would be a good checklist to use to see if you would be the ideal home for me.  If you are, I’ll be at waiting for you at the Humane Society.  They’re open Friday, Saturday and Sunday – so what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment