Friday, June 21, 2013

Jammin' With Judd

Meow! I'm Judd! Word travels fast here at the Humane Society, and I heard that a dog named Clooney started blogging to get himself adopted.  So I figure I’ll give it a try!

I really don’t know what a nice guy like me is doing in a place like this.  Don’t get me wrong, the people here are nice to me, but a cage?  Really?  At least it’s better than the scary place I was before, a shelter where not everycat was adopted, if you know what I mean – I shudder to think what could have happened to me!  But here, I believe them when they say I’m safe until I can find some humans who will be my forever family.

So here’s the deal.  I really am a nice guy, honest!  I get along well with others of the feline persuasion, and wouldn’t mind living with one or two if they’re cool with me.  And humans!  Don’t get me started on how much I love a good lap!  Laps just bring out the cuddler in me, and I definitely hope to find a home that has lots of lap time!  Oh, yes!  And head boinks and rubbing are lots of fun, too.  I just think humans were wonderfully designed for cat cuddling, don’t you?

Yes, I’m a lover, but I do admit I like my playtime, too.  I may not bend it like Beckham, but I am quite the skilled kitty soccer player.  Little toy mice are my favorite, too.  I’m glad they’re just toys, because I love to attack them!  Grrr…what fun!  I also love to perch myself up high in the play area, and pretend I’m the kitty king of the world! 

OK, since I’m being honest, I must admit that even a big guy like me gets a bit nervous sometimes, you know?  After all I’ve been through, I get spooked by loud noises or new things sometimes, and will even hide under a blanket in my cage where I feel safe.  That’s why I’m so excited about finding a human or maybe an entire family of humans to call my own, with a place of my own – my little corner of the world where I can feel safe and loved!

And that’s why I started this blog.  I’m sure there’s someone out there with a lap and some extra love who has room for me.  If it’s not you, I’ll bet you have some human pals you could pass this along to.  Ask them to come to the Humane Society – the place on Tupper Road – and ask for Judd.  I’ll be waiting!

Follow Judd's adventures via HSEC's Twitter stream! And if you happen to hang out with Judd while volunteering at the facility, send us a tweet or a pic - #jamminwithjudd

No comments:

Post a Comment