Monday, June 3, 2013

Clooney's Commentary: Life in a Foster Home

Hey, guys!  Clooney again.  I told you I’d keep in touch and let you know what’s happening with me. 
Quite frankly, life is good in my foster home!  Although the staff and volunteers at the Humane Society are great humans, there is no comparison between living in a kennel and being in a place where I can stretch out and make my doggie self at home.  But I know this is only temporary, and I really don’t want to go back to a kennel!

My foster mom says I’ve been an absolute pleasure so far.  I told you so!   I really am a good companion, and I love love love people!  She says I’m a cuddle buddy, and I agree.  If she stops petting me, I sort of roll over on her to tell her not to stop.  I just can’t get enough petting. 

I am in doggie heaven when my foster mom takes me jogging!  It’s fun to see all the sights, especially when we run through the ECU campus and see all the friendly humans.  I want to stop and say hello to all of them, but we have a lot of jogging to do.  I know I’ve picked up a few pounds, and all this exercise should help me get my puppyish figure back!  I’ve also made friends with a few of my foster mom’s very nice neighbors.  Did I mention that I love people?

I miss my foster mom when she leaves the house, but I am a gentleman and wait patiently for her to come back.  No point in making a mess for her to clean – that would just take her time away from me!  When she gets back, I’m so excited to see her, and can’t help the kisses and tail wags.

There was something I found rather odd.  She gave me these things called rawhide bones.  I don’t want to be rude, but I’m not quite sure what I am supposed to do with them.  I just politely left them on the floor, and she realized that I’m not interested and picked them up. 

My foster mom says our next thing will be to work on learning to sit, stay, come, and shake, which sounds like fun!  If I do say so myself, I’m a pretty smart guy, and quite the people pleaser, so I’m excited to get started.

So that’s the latest from me.  I’m still looking for a person, or a family of people, to call my very own so I can have a forever home.  Could that be you – or can you share this with your friends?  I’ll be waiting to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment