Monday, February 18, 2013

Catnap with Casey

Want to support the HSEC and get a t-shirt and a goody bag, but don't want to run in the 5k? Our buddy Casey has a suggestion for you!

Hey there. My name is Casey. I’m a Retriever / Corgi mix available for adoption at HSEC. I’m a very cute dog, especially with my short Corgi legs and I’m always really happy. One of the things that makes me the happiest is when volunteers take me for walks. I am great on a leash and will prance around at your feet.

I normally would like to go for a run, but I recently injured one of my legs. Currently, I’m recovering from a partially torn cruciate and making great progress. I’ve started putting weight back on all four legs, but I still need to take it easy. While I continue on the road to recovery I’ll enjoy watching my some of my fellow dog friends get ready to run in the 5K at this year’s Canine Crawl. I’ll sit this one out and train for next year’s race.

But I still wanted to be part of the fun - luckily, I learned I can register as a catnapper, and you can too! A catnapper gets a shirt and goody bag, but you can sleep in. You don't have to run in the race! All the perks without any of the work. You can sign up to be a fundraiser too and raise money to help out me and my other HSEC pals. This will be the best St PAWtrick’s Day ever!

See this post to learn how you can sign up for the race, either as a participant or as a catnapper!

No comments:

Post a Comment